To report an absence for Treeview students, please call (510) 723-3925 xt 35111
You can also email our attendance clerk Ms. Marlene at email@example.com
It's extremely important that students sign in to class on time everyday.
Students who arrive late or leave early lose instructional time. Please note that your child's attendance will be coded with a "tardy" or "left early" and it will count towards truancy if your child arrives more than 30 minutes late or if your child leave 30 minutes or more before school is dismissed.
Excused Absences Per California Educational Code Section 48205
A pupil shall be excused from school when the absence is:
- Due to his or her illness.
- Due to quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer. For the purpose of having medical, dental, optometrical, or chiropractic services rendered.
- For the purpose of attending the funeral services of a member of his or her immediate family*, so long as the absence is not more than one day if the service is conducted in California and not more than three days if the service is conducted outside California.
- For the purpose of jury duty in the manner provided for by law. [Must be approved in advance]
- Due to the illness or medical appointment during school hours of a child of whom the pupil is the custodial parent.
- Due to an appearance in court
- Due to observance of a holiday or ceremony of his or her religion, attendance at religious retreats [Not to exceed four hours per semester; must be approved in advance at least one day prior to requested release]
- Due to attendance at an employment conference [Must be approved in advance] Due to need to secure proper immunization. [No more than 5 days]
- Due to attendance at an educational conference on the legislative or judicial process offered by a nonprofit organization when the pupil's absence is
- requested in writing by the parent or guardian and approved by the principal or a designated representative pursuant to uniform standards established by the governing board.
- For the purpose of serving as a member of a precinct board for an election pursuant to Section 12302 of the Elections Code.
- Other reasons will be considered that are requested in writing, consistent with CVUSD Board Policy and approved by the school.
*Members of the immediate family, as used in this section, means the mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, or a grandchild of the employee or of the spouse of the employee, and the spouse, son, son-in-law, daughter, daughter-in-law, brother, or sister of the employee, or any relative living in the immediate household of the employee.
Note: A pupil absent from school under this section shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed during the absence that can be reasonably provided and, upon satisfactory completion within a reasonable period of time, shall be given full credit. The teacher of the class from which a pupil is absent shall determine which tests and assignments shall be reasonably equivalent to, but not necessarily identical to, the tests and assignments that the pupil missed during the absence.